Odd to think about Christmas when you are just off the beach, but here's our 7 point eCommerce Healthcheck to make sure you're in good shape and maximised for peak trading:
- Have you submitted your sitemap to Google so they can
easily index your site? This is the vital first step for
any SEO campaign.
- Have you submitted a Product Feed to Google
Merchant Centre so that they can display your products in
their shopping pages? Sorting out your data feeds is a
quick win that is guaranteed to generate revenue over
- Are you running own-brand PPC? You may not run PPC for the rest of
the year but it's worth running your brand terms as
keywords at Christmas. PPC has the advantage of letting
you tailor your message to your audience so make sure you
push your Christmas offers with your copy.
- Is your software configured properly? A good Google
Analytics set up - as well as other SEO software like
Webmaster Tools and SEOMoz - will give you a great vantage
point to see what is working and what isn't and help you
adapt accordingly. It will also give you priceless data
for perfecting your strategy as Christmas draws nearer.
- Have you planned your email calendar? Plan your email calendar early - What offers are you
making and when? What stock levels do you have? What
products are you selling? Don't get caught out by the rush
of Christmas, by making proper plans.
- Are your delivery details properly presented? Christmas is the worst
time to have ambiguous delivery policies. Make it very
clear what your prices are and how long delivery will
take. Turn your delivery terms into a strong selling point
by offering guarantees and going the extra mile in your
- Do you have gift options? What do you have that makes your gifts better than everyone else's? For example our client David Hampton supply all their products in lovely gift boxes. We're working with them to make sure everybody knows just how nice they are. It's not too late to create and promote some fantastic reasons why your products will be the perfect gifts this Christmas.
Moneyspyder are eCommerce experts, running eCommerce platforms, as well as Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and eCommerce mentoring. If you would like help maximising your revenue this Christmas call us on 0207 492 1929 or email on email@example.com.