So far there is very little data on how the changes will affect PPC/SEO. We’ve put together a checklist for you to make sure you are ahead of any seismic shifts in the PPC landscape.
What does this mean for my PPC campaigns?
- Check your average position - You should already be targeting the top three positions in the paid results. Increase your bids if your average position has dropped in the last three weeks.
- Improve your targeting - The big winners will be advertisers who aren’t bidding on generic keywords. If you are in a small niche, bid on long-tail keywords. Your brand terms won't be affected.
- Improve your ads - More ads will now show ad extensions. This is a great opportunity to update your Sitelinks and Callout extensions.
- Invest in Google Shopping - These change don’t affect PLAs. Now is a good time to set up Google Shopping as these ads will now be more prominent.
- Don’t neglect your reporting - It's easy to set up Adwords and never check in to see how it's doing. Use this opportunity to make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck from your Adwords.